Marriage and Family Facts
by Judy Bodmer
- 85% of the US population will marry at least once.
- Married people live longer than unmarried or divorced people.
- Children from homes where parents are married tend to be more academically successful, more emotionally stable, and more often assume leadership roles.
- 30% of all children in the US will spend at least some time in a stepfamily.
- More than half of all couples cohabitate before marriage.
- There were 2.3 million marriages and 1.2 million divorces in 2005.
- Premarital preparation can reduce divorce rate by 30%.
- Researchers have identified key characteristics of healthy familes that are usually missing from problem families
Marriage & Family Facts 2007
Life Innovations, Inc.
©Judy Bodmer 2007 All Rights Reserved